Top Stories

Manish Goel, an integer investor, is the Warren Buffett of India

 Manish Goel, an integer investor, is the Warren Buffett of India


The website www.manishgoelstocks.com was founded by Manish Goel. He holds a certificate in chartered accounting and possesses a long-term perspective and a drive to succeed in all he undertakes.


He held the position of Finance Manager at Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd. from 2006 to 2010 after earning his CA. He places a high value on life's quality, which is why he left his work in 2010 to pursue his passion. He thereafter made stock investing his full-time profession and began advising other investors online as well.




Through his large Multibaggers, including Swiss Glascoat, KPR Mills, Chaman Lal Setia Exports, Mould Tek Packaging, and many more, Mr. Goel has assisted investors in achieving significant wealth. In order to help more people on a bigger scale become great investors and entrepreneurs and live fulfilling lives at the same time, he launched his Telegram Broadcast Channel in 2016.


My introduction to the readers and my value investing background

I am a Chartered Accountant by training. But I decided to pursue stock market investing as a profession rather than becoming a CA. When compared to other stock market tactics like technical analysis or growth story approach, I found the value investing approach to be the most effective.


The value investing technique, where you have a large margin of safety and the downside risk is minimal, is the cause of this. Compared to that, growth stocks are riskier, and technical analysis-based equities are the most dangerous.


The tale of inception. How did I begin investing, and why?

I worked for Ranbaxy Laboratories for four years as a finance manager after completing my CA. Then I asked myself, "What good is earning money if I can't enjoy a good quality of life?" As a result, I made the decision to focus on stock investing as my main employment so that I could continue to have free time while also earning a good living.


Instead of me, my money is employed by the stock market, and I have more time for more original, insightful, and useful thought.


My investment approach and portfolio management. The valuation techniques I employ. Where I receive my investment inspiration.


I am essentially a fundamental/value investor. Due to my belief that charts cannot predict a company's future, I do not believe in technical analysis. I use a variety of variables, including PE, ROE, ROCE, dividend yield, debt equity, and others, to determine whether or not a given stock is undervalued. I use a stock screener to remove expensive stocks before conducting in-depth research of my own to find the best and safest discounted stocks in order to generate investment ideas.


What or who mentored me led to the way I think today? What was the most crucial lesson discovered?

Actually, my own blunders have been my biggest teachers throughout my life. I did a lot of reflection after burning my fingers a few times in the early years to figure out why that occurred, and over time I learned many "Dos" and "Don'ts" of the stock market.


The most crucial thing I took away was to concentrate on the underlying soundness of the company we are investing in rather than the noise or herd mentality in the stock market.


How has the strategy for investing changed throughout time?

Markets, investors, and investment strategies all continue to change. A few decades ago, the most secure and reliable investing method was thought to exist today, it is not. The key to success in stock market investing is to think strategically and stay one step ahead of the competition. Both art and science go into investing. There is no set of rules that must always be followed.


For instance, the government had to take over Yes Bank in 2020 despite it being an investment favourite up until 2018. Investors need to be aware of any recent events and adjust their investment plans accordingly.


Instead of aiming for returns of 30–40%, my main focus has been on finding stocks that have the potential to become multibaggers. Some truly significant multi-baggers, such Swiss Glascoat, Chaman Lal Setia Exports, KPR Mills, Mold-Tek Packaging, Maithan Alloys, etc., could be found. Seven years after my 2014 buy recommendation, Swiss Glascoat increased 200 times.


Additionally, the trademarks office of the Government of India granted us "Exclusive" rights to use the term "Multibagger" in 2017. That implies that nobody else has the right to even use the term "Multibagger." Our Broadcast Channel also received ISO:9001 certification from me.


Advice for businesspeople looking to establish themselves in the stock market

Making stock market research more study-based and scientific rather than news- or noise-based is my recommendation to business owners. Transparency, morality, and diligence are essential for corporate success. Clients should not be given false assurances, and investment advice should take into account the client's financial and social circumstances. All kinds of rules and guidelines should be followed by new business owners.


Ways to accept failure

There is a well-known proverb. I've never lost. Either I succeed or I fail. I continued to learn from my inevitable early career blunders as a result. Instead of making me overconfident, those setbacks made me more aware and alert.


What contributes the most to a company's success

Warren Buffet's long-term investing perspective has always intrigued me. You have a large margin of safety when you invest over the long term in high-quality but undervalued companies. I always sought to generate the greatest returns for my clients with the least amount of risk.

No comments: