Top Stories

As he announces his wife's pregnancy, Oyo founder Ritesh Agarwal asks for tips for toys and diapers

 As he announces his wife's pregnancy, Oyo founder Ritesh Agarwal asks for tips for toys and diapers


Ritesh Agarwal, the creator of Oyo, sent a heartfelt message on the X platform (formerly Twitter) to convey the news of his wife Geetansha's pregnancy. The businessman sent a sweet message about how his wife had always been there for him, even before he became a prosperous businessman.


"I met Geet eleven years ago, when I was just a teenager chasing dreams, trying to persuade my family that I wanted to start my own company from scratch," Agarwal said in the essay. Through it all, she was the only one who remained by my side. We have experienced so much together, from the highs of joy and life milestones to the lows of sadness and loss.




We were married this year, which was among the best times of my life. And I made it through many highs and lows with my family. I am now quite happy as Geet and I consider (and analyze) our change from being kids to teens to partners to parents. Even though our coming of age has passed, I'm delighted I got to share it all with you.


It's time to share parenting!"


The Oyo CEO asked his fans for suggestions for diapers, strollers, and toys after revealing their wife was expecting. And if you happen to be a startup with something novel, even better, said Agarwal. I'm really looking for some dad-level advice here.


On March 7, Agarwal and Geetansha Sood were married. Bigwigs from the startup and business world, including Union Minister Prahlad Singh Patel, Lenskart CEO Peyush Bansal, Paytm CEO Vijay Shekhar Sharma, and founder of Softbank Group Masayoshi Son, all attended their wedding celebration.


Oyo Hotels, meanwhile, is attempting to renegotiate a $660 million loan with Apollo Global Management Inc. as it seeks more time to pay down debt in the wake of a postponement of its initial public offering.


According to the Bloomberg news agency, Oyo's parent firm, Oravel Stays Pvt, wants to delay maturity from the current 2026 date to five years.


The wait for Oyo's IPO has turned out to be lengthier than anticipated. Agarwal has been attempting for years to get the business, which is 47% owned by Softbank, to go public. Another supporter of it is Airbnb Inc.



No comments: