Top Stories

Investor lost ₹20 lakh in 11 days, 5 stock tips for 'aggressive' investors

 



• The beginning of 2023 has not been good for me. I have already lost over Rs 20 lakh in 11 days as an investor, says Augment Capital founder


Sharing his story of losing money in the current stock market volatility, Anand K Rathi, investor and founder of Augment Capital Services LLP, said that he lost around ₹20 lakh in just eleven days as an investor as he had only one Stock is the portfolio that is on. a downward spiral.


In a LinkedIn post on Thursday, Anand K Rathi said, “2023 has not started well for me. I have already lost more than Rs 20 lakh in 11 days as an investor. For those who know me closely, I have only one stock portfolio. One stock which I am holding for long is Bajaj Finance and it is going down.



According to Rathi, if you are an aggressive investor, you should know these 5 things:


1. Be ready for huge drawdown: I am an aggressive investor. While everyone enjoys being aggressive to the upside, it also means seeing huge drawdowns. This is the third time in my investment life with Bajaj Finance that I have lost more than 20%. If you are someone who invests for aggressive returns then be prepared to see your capital getting eroded.


2. Invest with conviction: I repeat, do not invest based on tips or suggestions. You can invest based on someone's advice but cannot borrow his belief. Always take the time to familiarize yourself with an asset class before diving in. If you use the services of an advisor, ask the tough questions before giving them your hard earned money. I have written a post on how to choose a financial advisor. Link is in the comment section.


3. Sell and forget: There will come a time when you start feeling that the property is overpriced or not worth your money. just sell and forget. It is very possible that the prices will go up after you sell but don't regret the decision. Take sell action after thorough analysis and once sold look for the next big opportunity.


4. Don't catch losers: We are human and we will make mistakes. If your investment thesis was flawed or wrong or you feel management is not delivering then simply exit. It doesn't matter whether the property or stock is costing you money.


5. Be ready to buy at a higher price: If your investment thesis is proven and the property or stock has appreciated in value, don't shy away from buying at higher prices. As you all know, if you find a gem the prices will go higher and higher. India is such a shining gem. Go ahead and keep buying.


“And finally, did I lose sleep over the losses at Bajaj Finance, not at all. I've made more than I've lost and I'm happy to hold it until my thesis is valid. Disclaimer: Not a buy recommendation for Bajaj Finance," he added.

No comments: