Top Stories

'Eat pizza and lose weight': personal trainer changes popular opinion on health



To maintain good health, we are always told that we should avoid junk food and exercise daily. According to the entertainment website LadBible, people usually give up their favorite foods when aiming to lose weight, but not Ryan Mercer, who claims he actually lost weight after eating pizza three times a day for 30 days. lost weight

Ryan Mercer, who works as a personal trainer and lives in Northern Ireland, said he ate 10 slices of pizza every day. He gave up everything else and for 30 days straight he ate pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner by splitting the slice.

"January is a tough month for people when it comes to fitness goals. I aim to highlight not only about fat loss, calories in and calories out, but it's also not about restriction. We need to indulge in our favorite foods. results and I wanted to encourage more people to prepare their own food," Mercer said.

To talk about calorie reduction and health, Mercer also avoided takeaway and chose to prepare its own pizza. "I had two pitta pizzas and one large flour-based pizza per day, that equated to about 10 slices per day. The hardest part of the entire diet was the preparation," he said.

Eating pizza is also economical as Ryan claims that he spends only 10 Euros (₹885.8) a day on pizza. "Plus, I spent about 3 euros (₹266) every day on snacks."

"Pizza is one of my all-time favorite foods, so I enjoyed eating it all month long, though I made sure I had a variety of pizzas," Mercer said.

They also added a disclaimer that every person's body is different and hence their dietary requirements are also different. One should plan their diet based on individual needs.

"It was a carefully planned diet strategy. I devised a system, and that's what led me to my goal. Daily calorie intake set at 1,800 to 2,100 Monday through Friday, 2,700k calories Saturday and Sunday, daily protein goal at 140 grams per day , target daily fruit and vegetable portions, a minimum of seven portions per day," Ryan explained.

No comments: