Top Stories

Rishabh Pant thanks 'heroes' in first public comment after accident

 



• Rajat Kumar and Nishu Kumar taken to hospital after Rishabh Pant's car hit a road divider and caught fire on December 30

Indian cricket team wicketkeeper and batsman Rishabh Pant made his first public comment after the deadly accident on the Delhi-Dehradun highway on Monday night.

The veteran cricketer thanked the "two heroes" who took him to the hospital on December 30 after his car crashed into a road divider and caught fire.

Pant said he would be "forever grateful and indebted" to Rajat Kumar and Nishu Kumar, posting a picture of the two in their hospital beds.

Taking to Twitter the flamboyant cricketer wrote, "I may not be able to thank everyone personally but I must acknowledge these two heroes who helped me during my accident and made sure I reached the hospital safely Rajat Kumar and Nishu Kumar, thank you." I will be forever grateful and indebted".

I may not be able to thank everyone individually but I must acknowledge these two heroes who helped me during my accident and made sure I reached the hospital safely. Rajat Kumar and Nishu Kumar, thank you. I will be forever grateful and indebted.

— Rishabh Pant (@RishabhPant17) January 16, 2023

Pant crashed his Mercedes SUV north of New Delhi before dawn on 30 December. The 25-year-old cricketer suffered multiple injuries when the car hit the crash barrier, overturned and caught fire.

He was taken to a local hospital in Dehradun before being taken to Mumbai for further treatment and surgery.

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) said Pant suffered multiple injuries, including damaged ligaments in his right knee, wrist and ankle injuries and a bruise on his back.

Sharing an update on his health, Pant said on Twitter that his "road to recovery" had now begun and an operation - reportedly on his knee - was "successful".

"I am grateful and grateful for all the support and well wishes...the road to recovery has begun and I look forward to the challenges ahead," he tweeted.

I am humbled and grateful for all the support and well wishes. I am happy to inform you that my surgery was successful. The road to recovery has begun and I am ready for the challenges ahead.
Thank you @BCCI , @JayShah and government officials for their incredible support.

— Rishabh Pant (@RishabhPant17) January 16, 2023

"From the bottom of my heart, I would also like to thank all my fans, teammates, doctors and physios for your kind words and encouragement. Looking forward to seeing you all on the field. #grateful #grateful. "

No comments: