100% disposable', writes fired Google employee; it's called 'faceless'

 



• In the post, Moore says he worked at Google for more than 16.5 years. He was notified of his termination via an automatic account deactivation at 3am. He is yet to receive any further communication from the company.

Google parent company Alphabet recently laid off 12,000 people from its global workforce. The job cuts have created a wave of distress and anxiety among those who have lost their jobs as well as those currently working in the tech industry. Sharing his thoughts after being sacked, former Google engineering manager Just Moore writes that large companies like Google are 'faceless' that see their employees as '100% disposable'.

"It was a (fairly) amazing 16 years, and I'm really proud of the work that I and my teams have done over the years. I've had the chance to work with some great people and really appreciate civics and Helped a lot of our users around the world in the election field," he writes in a LinkedIn post.

In the post, Moore says that he worked at Google for more than 16.5 years. He was notified of his termination via an automatic account deactivation at 3am. He is yet to receive any further communication from the company.

He also shared a quote from the Ballad of Sir Andrew Barton which possibly describes his thoughts after being sacked. He writes, 'I will lie down and bleed for a while, and then I will get up and fight again.'

Here is the full text of the post shared by Moore via his LinkedIn profile

So after over 16.5 years at Google, I have been let go through an automatic account deactivation at 3am this morning as one of the lucky 12,000. I don't have any other information, as I haven't received any other communication that the boilerplate "you've been let go" website (which I still can't access) said I should.

It was a (largely) fantastic 16 years, and I'm really proud of the work that I and my teams did over the years. I've had the chance to work with some great people and really help a lot of our users around the world in the civics and elections field. I was so incredibly lucky.

No comments: