Top Stories

What did Prince Harry and Meghan say in the Netflix series?

 



Netflix on Thursday released the first three episodes in a six-part documentary series on Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, showing how the couple met and the problems they faced as part of Britain's royal family .

LONDON: Netflix on Thursday released the first three episodes in a six-part documentary series on Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, showing how the couple met and the problems they faced as part of Britain's royal family. done as

Below are some quotes from the series:

Harry on his childhood and the media

With its fair share of drama, tension and tears, and witnessing those tears, there was always the pressure of the public. You always see it on my mother's face.

Harry on the women in the royal family

He added that he had learned of the "pain and pain of women who marry into this institution".

I miss how I can find someone who is willing and able to cope with all the stuff that comes with being with me.

When I met M, I was afraid that he would be driven away by the media, the same media that had driven so many people away from me.

I knew keeping it as quiet as possible was probably the only way to make it work.

Harry on Meghan

She gave up everything she'd ever known, all the freedom she'd had, to join me in my world. And then soon after that I gave up everything I know to include her in her world.

For so many people in the family, especially the men, there can be a temptation or an urge to marry someone who is the opposite of who you are probably destined to be.

The difference between making a decision with your head or heart. My mom certainly made most, if not all, of her decisions from her heart. And I am my mother's son.

Harry on Meghan and her mother

What is Meghan and how is she similar to my mother, she has the same compassion, she has the same empathy, she has the same confidence, this warmth about her.

I acknowledge that there will be people around the world who will fundamentally disagree with what I did and how I did it, but I knew I had to do everything I could to protect my family. Especially happened with my mother. , You know, I didn't want history to repeat itself.

Harry at Diana's funeral

He said he had to wear two hats: one was two sad sons... two were royal hats: show no emotion, get out there, meet people and shake their hands.

harry on the media

It is about duty and service and I feel that being a part of this family, it is my duty to expose this exploitation and bribery happening in the media.

Harry on royal correspondents and experts

That press pack of royal correspondents is essentially an extended PR arm of the royal family.

On royal rota system: Looks like this family is going to exploit us. Their trauma is our story and our narrative to control.

Meghan on her engagement interview

Meghan calls it an "orchestrated reality show". It was rehearsed.

I have to say we weren't allowed to tell our story because they didn't want to...

Harry: We were never allowed to tell our story.

Meghan: That's true... until now.

Harry on unconscious bias

In this family, sometimes you are part of the problem rather than the solution. And there is a huge level of unconscious bias. The thing with unconscious bias is that it's not really anyone's fault. But once it has been pointed out or recognized within yourself, you need to fix it. This is education, this is awareness. It is a constant. It is a continuous work in progress. For everyone including me.

Harry on dressing up as a Nazi

It was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I felt very embarrassed afterwards. All I wanted to do was fix it. I sat and talked with the chief rabbi in London who made a deep impression on me. I went to Berlin and talked to Holocaust survivors. I could just ignore it and move on and probably go through my life making the same mistakes over and over again. But I learned from him.

No comments: