Top Stories

World Mental Health Day: Here's What Our Celebs' Mental Health Is Up To

 World Mental Health Day: Here's What Our Celebs' Mental Health Is Up To



We ask actors Ravi Dubey, Sanjay Kapoor, Aishwarya Sakhuja, filmmaker Anees Bazmee and composer Shankar Mahadevan for one thing that helps them stay mentally fit.




Busy schedules, erratic work schedules, and then the stress of the outcome of a project- all this is enough for people in showbiz, whatever the department, to experience extreme stress. What is the one thing that helps with their mental health? Here's what they tell us:


Anees Bazmee- I try to keep myself calm by doing breathing exercises. When you're the captain of a ship there are 200 people involved, and a lot of things happen during the making of a film. It's all too easy for your mental health to toss out if you don't find those moments of solitude. If you think yelling and raising your blood pressure will get you through, then go ahead. But it doesn't work. Those 200 people are different, with different mindsets, their own tensions. Some come to work diligently and some come just because they should be noticed. You must be intelligent enough to know that you are punishing yourself when you lament over someone else's mistakes.



Sanjay Kapoor- It is very important to share my personal and professional life, and my mantra to keep myself mentally fit is to take occasional breaks. When I started from here, it used to be two-three innings, so discipline is needed. You overwork, so you need to work out your work as well. This is difficult. Today at least in movies and OTT you get enough time to relax. Every fortnight you get a day or two. It had not happened before. You need time for yourself. We were shooting in Sikkim for a show, and even now when I am shooting for the film Merry Christmas, every week is a holiday for the unit. We actors get enough time, but not them. Things have changed for the better.


Ravi Dubey- Spending time with my family is one of the things that keeps my mental health in check. You have to ground yourself, and they do it. Showbiz is a tough place to live in. All that helps is not dwell on the past, and become focused through any spiritual practice or endeavor that you wish to undertake. This gives you hope for the future and you suddenly become optimistic.


Shankar Mahadevan - Music! I am a musician, and music helps people in many ways, it is known to calm them down. I am lucky that my workspace does it itself, so yes, it has kept me mentally fit. I make music, listen to it a lot, and it really heals you. I need nothing more to live in peace.


Aishwarya Sakhuja- When you are working as an actor, especially on TV, you are physically exhausted and exhausted. But the hard part of being an actor is the time between your current and your next project. A friend once told me that actors are paid as they are, so that they can show patience for the next project. When my life gets busy, I only take 15 minutes to sit quietly and meditate. When your mind is working properly, you don't make life difficult for those around you.

No comments: